Hydrotherapy is alternative environment to land based exercise which helps to reduce pain and enable the body to heal and strengthen gradually.
Benefits of Hydrotherapy:
Muscular relaxation and decreased muscle spasm.
Decreased pain due to warmth and support.
Increased muscle strength and endurance due to the greater resistance in water.
Improvement in swelling, due to hydrostatic pressure.
Enhanced balance and stabilization.
Improved enjoyment and confidence to move better.
Conditions which benefit from Hydrotherapy :
Back Pain Whiplash and other neck pain Sports Injuries, Tendinopathy, Balance/co-ordination . Shoulder and arm pain, Osteoarthritis, Rheumatoid Arthritis and Fibromyalgia Ankylosing Spondylitis.
Parkinson’s Disease and Stroke, Cerebral Palsy, back and pelvic pain in pregnancy . Work and accident related injuries. Rehabilitation after bone injury/tendon repair and joint replacement
Outline & Price
Physiotherapy Lead Session
These sessions are designed for patients with:
• High degree of care needed in the water due to their condition
• Patients with a fear of water
• Patients who have never had hydrotherapy before
• Patients who would like a refresher on their exercises
This option is also suitable for children under 10 years of age
£50.00 per half hour
These groups are for patients who have already had previous experience in hydrotherapy and know their exercises. We hope to be able to fulfil these points below by introducing this element of treatment:
· Promoting and enabling self-help and peer support
· Facilitating continued improvement
· Reducing rate of re-referral
· Promoting patient led support for hydrotherapy
£25.00 per half hour
We ask that patients visit the clinic for an assessment for suitability for Hydrotherapy and to complete the necessary screening forms