Neuro Rehabilitation and Eldery Care
- (Longfield Integrated care centre, Tuppence House, Brickfield Farm Cl, Longfield DA3 7PJ)
Offering service within 5 mile-10 miles radius including – main areas in Kent county- Dartford, Gravesend, Medway , Bexley and Bromley
- Our Neuro Specialist Physiotherapist and Occupational therapist aim to improve functional independence and quality of life.Our team specialise in the assessment, treatment and management for adults who are living with the effects of a stroke, parkinson’s brain injury, spinal cord injury, multiple sclerosis, or other neurological conditions.
We work with individuals( Home visits provided at nursing home /care home), Case Managers and Personal Injury Lawyers. We also offer neurological Physiotherapy services to care homes and other rehabilitation settings where Physiotherapists are needed to treat clients, or to manage and develop their service
Neurological conditions treated:
Our Physiotherapist and Occupational therapist are trained and experienced in neurological conditions including,
- Multiple sclerosis
- Traumatic Brain injuries
- Brain Tumour
- Spinal cord injuries
- Balance and coordination disorders
- Motor Neurone Disease
- Guillian Barre Syndrome
- Bells Palsy
- Transverse Myelitis
- Post operative conditions
Common Neurological symptoms treated include:
- Falls and Balance problems
- Sensory changes and pain
- Co-ordination difficulties – difficulties with fine hand movements like fastening buttons, foot placements.
- Mobility problems
- Difficulties in daily routines like washing, dressing.
- Change in muscle tone/spasticity- leading to posture problems, sleep disturbances, muscle tightness/contracture.
- Change in mood, cognition, memory.
Service offered by Neuro Physiotherapist may include:
Comprehensive assessment at clinic or home/care home.
One to one therapy sessions with a specialist Neuro physiotherapist
Organise home exercise programme, educate family/ carers on exercise, stretching and positioning programmes.
Set up a comprehensive gym programme.
Advice on splints and mobility aids.
Functional Electrical Stimulation (FES)
Taping where appropriate
Tone (Spasticity) and pain management using therapeutic modalities.
Regular maintenance therapy to manage disability, manage bed rest complication.
Service offered by Neuro Occupational therapist may include:
Comprehensive assessment at home/care home, workplace and support in achieving the goals on daily living skills including hobbies, leisure and social aspect.
Environmental assessment - for equipment and minor adaptations
Functional rehabilitation – practicing activities that lead to independence.
Cognitive rehabilitation – impairment level and functional training
Vocational rehabilitation – graded work based activities, adaptations and advice.
Assessment and advice on Upper limb splints.
Wheelchair assessment and assessment for other mobility equipments like motorised scooters.
Seating and basic ergonomic assessment.
Our Occupational therapist have extensive experience of working with people affected by Neurological problems and other co-morbidities, and use latest evidence based techniques such as constraint induced movement therapy, advanced cognitive rehabilitation and functional retraining.
We accept referrals from:
- Any Health and social care professionals.
- Nursing home Case managers
- Self referrals or family members
We can provide therapy at a location best suited for you and includes-
- Local gym
- Care / Nursing home